- Introduction: Jennifer Benna Consulting, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit jenniferbenna.com (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect via this Site and in email, chat sessions, text messages, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other Site operated by us or any third party; or any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
- Children Under the Age of 18. Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at [email protected]. California residents under 18 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Information We Collect. We collect two basic types of information from and about users of our Site: (1) Personally identifiable information (“PII”); and (2) General Information (“GI”), as those terms are defined below.
(a) Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any element of information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, gender, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline. The information we collect on or through our Site includes the PII that you provide when completing a form on our Site, including contact and purchase forms. You also may include elements of PII in information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Please note that your User Contributions may be posted on the Site and transmitted to others; therefore, be careful not to include any PII or other information that you do not want to be viewed by members of the general public. We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
(b) General Information: GI is information about you but does not identify you, such as your IP address and information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
(ii) Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- How we use the Information we Collect. The information we collect helps us to improve our Site and our services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service. We use PII for the following purposes:
(i) To present our Site and its contents to you;
(ii) To provide you with information you request and products you purchase;
(iii) To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
(iv) To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
(v) To notify you about changes to our Site or any products we offer or provide though it;
(vi) To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
(vii) To contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile; and
(viii) For any other purpose with your consent.
We use GI to improve our Site and services in various ways, including the following:
(a) To estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
(b) To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests; and
(c) To recognize you when you return to our Site;
- How We Share Information. We do not sell, distribute, or reveal your PII to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent except as described in this section. We share PII and GI as follows:
(a) Employees and Contractors. We share your PII with those employees and contractors that must have access to it in order to perform their functions.
(b) Service Providers: We also share PII and General Information with nonaffiliated third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf, including cloud storage and web hosting providers, email service providers, marketing service providers, and software maintenance service providers. We must necessarily share your information with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions, but only to the extent necessary for them to do so. As of the effective date of this policy, we share PII with the following service providers:
Information Shared and Purpose
Tracks Site usage, including referring websites and user actions on Site. May capture IP address but no PII.
Payment processing services. At no time is your banking information passed to the Site. We receive only information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
(d) Legal Requests: If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have collected from you. We also may disclose your information to exercise or protect our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
(e) Other: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used as set forth in this policy.
- How We Protect Information. We take the security of your information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect PII against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. This website also uses a generally accepted standard of technological security for the purpose of protecting all information provided by visitors from misuse, loss, or corruption. We also limit access to PII to those employees and contractors who reasonably need access to it to deliver our service.
However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. If there is a breach of security, then we may either post a notice through the service or attempt to notify you via email so that you can take reasonable protective steps.
- Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
(b) Cross Device Opt-Out: If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in certain conditions, there may be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user. To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices:
(i) iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
(ii) For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
(c) Industry Opt-Out Tools: This site adheres to the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt-out tool here, which will allow you to opt-out of seeing interest-based ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies. We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
(d) Promotional Offers: If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by email to [email protected] or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests. We use third party services (such as Google Analytics) that employ technology that enables them to track your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites. We currently offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
- For Residents of Certain States.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants residents of California (“California Users”) certain rights regarding PII collected or obtained by companies covered by the CCPA. As of the effective date of this Policy, our company does not fall within the statutory definition of businesses covered by the CCPA, and we are not required to comply with the disclosure and deletion requirements under the law.
However, under the California Online Privacy Protection Act, California Users may request information regarding the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom we have shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. California Users may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year concerning this law, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the Contact page on our website.
(b) Other States: Certain states have specific requirements regarding the disclosure and protection of certain customer and personal information. For more information please follow these links:
HIPPA: Jennifer Benna Consulting, LLC abides by all HIPPA privacy national standards to protect individuals' medical records and other personal health information.